The full ice fishing story is to come shortly. In the meantime, here are the highlights:
Things Chloé dropped in the hole:
- a bag of apples (retrieved)
- a Scrabble tile (the letter O--thankfully it wasn't an X or a Z)
- a C-sized battery
- herself (don't tell her mom)
"Are they going fishing?"- Fisherman from Michigan before we even hit the ice.
"We don't get good looking girls like you around here. Don't worry, we're keeping you on a low profile." -Andrew, explaining that the population of Georgina would not be notified of our arrival.
"Stop falling the holes." -Me
"I can't. The holes are everywhere!" -Chloé
"I didn't mean to catch it!" -Me, upon catching my first fish
"Isn't that the whole point of fishing?" -Chloé
Things we caught:
- a crayfish
- around three perch each, of varying sizes, which we threw back
- one gobi fish (an invasive species)
Number of times we screamed:
At least once for each fish caught, once when Chloé fell in the hole (although I was laughing too hard to join her in screaming) and once when there was nearly an unfortunate incident involving the propane stove.