It was like a special treat.
2. I'm currently growing my toe hair out so I can photograph is and post the results on the blog. I don't have much, but it's really long. I feel like I should embrace the strangeness of this, and try and diminish the embarassment I've always felt.
3. Last night Alice and I went to get pedicures on the coldest night of the year. Before we put on our socks to leave, they saran-wrapped our toes to protect the polish. I enjoyed the sensation so much that I'm tempted to wear saran wrap under my clothing on a regular basis. Alice confessed that she wore the plastic wrap for the rest of the night.
4. I hate purses. I only own one that I regularly carry, and it has a broken zipper. I kind of wish the human body had carrying compartments built into it. I don't like the fact that I have to carry "stuff" around with me.
5. I'm not a big fan of slang either. One might even say that I'm anti-slang.
6. It's a common misconception that eczema is just a rash. The truth is that as a skin condition, it can also involve covering the skin with what I fondly refer to as "pus balls." Basically this means that underneath the top layer of skin there is surplus of pustules that, when popped, become painful and itchy. Fun. (Wikipedia, although faulty at times, leads me to believe that I have Dyhidrosis eczema. Apparently pustules and small blisters are unique to this form of eczema and it only affects 20 out of 100,000 people. Doctors have never mentioned this to me, but then again, they always told me that I would grow out of it. Also, I was grossed out by the picture on the Wikipedia link until I realized that my right hand frequently looks exactly like this.)7. My parents' computer literacy usually blows my friends away. In particular, they think it's really cool that my Dad has his own msn picture (and has had for about two years now). In fact, he has a selection of msn pictures to choose from. And a couple of weeks ago, they found this blog and now read it. They're welcome readers (hi Mom and Dad!) but it makes me wonder if their hearts really surge with pride when they realize their daughter is using the Internet as a means to rant incessantly about pus, peeling dead skin and toe hair?
You learn something new every day. Today, you all learned 7 new things. This has been Facts for Friday.